Hair masks are also referred to as an intensive hair conditioner or the deep conditioning treatment that you get to experience post the use of the hair masks available in the market.
What Is Hair Mask?
You must have heard of, or probably tried the face mask. Just like the face mask functions to hydrate and nourish your skin, a hair mask as well works in the very same manner in order to boost overall conditioning and the health of one’s hair.
People often do not know how to use a hair mask.
What goes on to make these different from that of instant conditioners which are found in the market is the actual ingredients that are loaded with and are typically more concentrated, whereas on the other hand the masks are generally left on the hair for as long as 20 minutes to around a couple of hours.
Various types of hair masks can well be prepared sitting at home from the ingredients that you may simply have inside your kitchen, such as honey, banana, or even egg yolk.
In case you are someone who is not likely to fuss around with making one by your own self, there are various kinds of ready-made hair masks are available in the market one may buy at a store.
In the following article, we will take a bit of closer look at all the benefits of a hair masks, types of hair masks that may function best for your kind of hair and how you will be using a certain hair mask product.
The Benefits Of A Hair Mask
There are quite a few benefits when you are using the hair mask, and the following are few of the advantages that may vary depending on what ingredients are in a certain hair mask and what is your hair type-
- The hair mask gives you a softer hair and a shinier look
- It adds moisture to your hair
- It reduces the hair breakage and any sort of damage
- It makes a less frizz
- You get a healthier scalp
- It provides you stronger hair
- less environmental and product damage
How Do You Apply The Hair Mask
Without any further delay let’s jump into the discussion on how to use a hair mask. Most of the hair masks generally work best if applied to a clean and towel-dried kind of hair which is still damp.
However, when you are using any hair mask that is made primarily of oil, such as olive oil or coconut, it may well be the best to apply that hair mask when you have a dry hair.
Because that is when oil may repel water, few experts of hair care simply believe that the dry hair is very much able to suck up oil better than the wet hair.
Once your hair mask is good to go, you can follow the mentioned steps:
- In order to protect the clothing, you may drape some old towel right over your shoulders and you may wear some old T-shirt, whatever is comforting to you.
- If you have hair that is thick and long, it will go on to help you divide it into the sections using the hair clips.
- You may apply the hair mask along with your fingers, or you may also use a paintbrush in order to dab the mask mixture right onto the hair.
- Once your hair is entirely dry, you can begin with the hair mask application around your scalp and can work toward its ends. After the hair mask has been thoroughly worked into that ends of the hair, you may simply go back and can gently put it on to your scalp.
- If you are particularly applying the hair mask in order to treat dandruff then you would be required to start right from your scalp.
- If you are someone with oily hair, you can begin the mask application right from the mid-shaft and can work it toward the ends.
- After you are done using the hair mask, you may run some wide-tooth hair comb cross your hair in order to help and ensure the hair mask is thoroughly spread.
- After you are done applying, cover your entire hair with plastic wrap or some shower cap. Later, wrap an old towel across your head. This will help and protect the hair mask from the dripping, and it also adds some heat, that goes on to help the entire ingredients to absorb deep into the hair.
- Now leave the hair mask on for a minimum of 20-30 minutes. That depends on the ingredient, where few masks can well be left on for over hours or it can be left on even overnight.
- Rinse your hair mask thoroughly with cool water or lukewarm. Avoid the hot water. The cooler water may help seal your hair cuticle and assist the hair to retain some more moisture.
- After rinsing the hair mask, that may take some couple or even more rinses in order to get it entirely out — you may add the product and can use air-dry or a heat-style to style your hair.
- For frizzy, dry or damaged hair, one can apply the hair mask one time a week. If your hair is oily or tends to be oilier, you can try using once every two weeks.
Hair masks are helpful in moisturizing and nourishing your hair. They are particularly beneficial for damaged, dry, or frizzy hair. Few hair masks can even go on to improve your scalp’s health and may boost the overall strength of one’s hair.
Unlike these instant conditioners which only go on to stay on your hair for a few minutes, these hair masks can stay on your hair for a minimum of 20 minutes. Few hair masks may stay on one’s hair for over several hours, depending on the ingredient and your hair kind.
So choose your hair mask wisely and hope this article will help you understand how to use hair mask. Just avoid hair mask containing chemicals and preservatives.