You have been taking care of your nails for so long by the help of nail specialists, professionals and nail art artists because your beautiful healthy nails are worth it. Though don’t you wish that you would be able to be self-reliable and prep up your nails by yourself?
Simple Ideas On How to Do Nails with Acrylic
But before you jump into action, you need to get yourself informed about the tips and tricks and all the essential information of the job. Have some patience and focus yourself to learn how to do nails with acrylic?
Products that you will need
To begin with the process you would need some products such as Cuticle Pusher, Cuticle Remover, Buffing Block, Acid Free Nail Primer, Nail Prep/Dehydrator, Nail File, Lint Free Wipes, Dapping Dish, Acrylic Nail Brush, Acrylic Powder, Acrylic Liquid (Medium Speed is recommended for beginners as you would be having a slower drying time) and Top Coat (try to use either Mega Gloss or Air Dry Top Coat or Matt Top Coat).
In addition to these products you would need some more optional products that might not be essential to your purpose but can significantly contribute in making your nails look healthy and beautiful.
Some of those products are Nail Glue, Pure Acetone, Nail Tips, Pinching Tool, Cuticle Oil and manicure brush.
The prep work
Now let’s jump into the discussion on how to do nails with acrylic? Before you begin using acrylic on your nails, you first need to prep your nails so that they are ready for the procedure.
To do so, first you apply the cuticle remover on your nail where your cuticles are visible. Then with the help of cuticle pusher, push back the cuticles that are on the nail bed ensuring that they are no leftover cuticles before you begin working on your nail.
To remove excess shine from the nail surface, use a buffing block by swiping softly right and left evenly throughout the nail bed. If you see any dust particles on the bed then clean them as well using a manicure brush.
Applying a nail tip
Once you are done with choosing the right fit, apply some nail glue on the tip so that the nail tip can be adhered to your natural nail bed. Fix it carefully in the place you want it to be and hold still until it is fixed (approximately 10-15 seconds).
Once the tips have stuck firmly, you can trim the ends as per your desired length. You can even play around the shape of the nail tip as per your desire.
If you are someone who prefers their nail tip to be round or square or anything else, you can easily do so by using a nail filer.
Once you are done with fixing, trimming and shaping the nail tip, you should apply nail dehydrator to the nail bed evenly all across it and wait for some times before the next step.
When you are done with the dehydrator, you should apply nail primer (preferably use the ones that are acid free to avoid any allergies) to entire nail bed.
Application of acrylic
Now the actual work begins. All the steps and tips before this procedure are all only preparations to do this one.
- Once you are done with the above-mentioned steps and are ready for applying the acrylic, pour some acrylic liquid in the damping dish mentioned before.
- Softly dip the acrylic brush into the damping dish containing the pain and press it to the bottom of the dish gently to let out the air bubbles. Let off any excess paint as well as too much paint can ruin your nail finish.
- Now comes the tricky part. You have to dip the acrylic brush in the acrylic powder and roll it through the powder in such a way that it forms a tiny ball size bubble. You have to be cautious so that this tiny acrylic ball is not too wet or too dry.
- Now you have to let off any excess moisture from this ball by putting on a lint free pad and then applying to the top of the nail where the cuticles are.
- Bring the droplet to the top of the tip and sculpt it by pressing the brush on the nail bed. You have to gently move the acrylic across to prevent any bumps and crevices. Repeat this process until you have full coverage of the nail bed.
- Once you have successfully applied acrylic to all your nails, let it dry for few minutes. When it is dry you will be able to hear a ting-sound when you tap with the acrylic on a surface. Now, file the nails so that they become smooth on the top and even all across their surfaces.
- When the filing is done, finish the process by applying a top coat which would seal the acrylic in its place and make it steady.
- You can even add a scented stroke to your nails by applying scented cuticle oil to your nails. Apply your desired cuticle oil to each nail bed and rub them gently until the mix well.
By following the instructions given above on how to do nails with acrylic, you are finally ready with the whole process of applying acrylic to your nails by yourself. You should be proud as this is not an easy task and is very likely to be messed by a lot of people.
It might take a lot of time and patience but you would know it better than anyone now that all the efforts put in are definitely worth the pain. Enjoy your beautiful and healthy nails like you always should!